- Elton John blasts Russia’s anti-gay laws during Moscow concert
- U.N.: Afghanistan slow to enforce law protecting women
- Heart cancels SeaWorld concert after ‘Blackfish’ documentary
- South Carolina sheriff refuses to lower American flag for Nelson Mandela
- South Africans hold day of prayer for Nelson Mandela
- Mandela not on life support in final hours, friend says
- Ukraine protesters topple, decapitate Lenin statue in Kiev
- Kim Jong-un’s uncle removed from North Korean state documentary
- Thailand crisis deepens as opposition quits Parliament
- Campbell Soup apologizes for SpaghettiOs’ Pearl Harbor tweet
Latest Gilbert Arenas Items
Los Angeles had its three-game winning streak broken, 116-111 by the Washington Wizards on Tuesday night, while Bryant, who signed a two-year contract extension on Monday, watched on television from the locker room.
Since their last trip to the playoffs — in 2007-08, when Gilbert Arenas, Antawn Jamison and Caron Butler were still on the roster — the Wizards haven't even won 30 games in a season once. They had a low of 19 wins in 2008-09.
The former Washington Wizards star, who was banished from the team after brandishing a handgun in the locker room following a dispute with teammate Javaris Crittenton over a card game, initially was pulled over for speeding.
Still, nostalgia for the team's original nickname remains, and a Monumental Sports & Entertainment official said the organization will continue to market throwback gear to tap that interest.
Former NBA player and Atlanta native Javaris Crittenton was indicted Tuesday on charges of murder and gang activity.
The Redskins' Alexander and Golston are among several pairs of NFL teammates or former teammates who have ventured together into the business world. Some players pursue it as a hobby. Others hope to maximize their celebrity and disposable income to start building for their lives after football.
His nightly walk toward the tunnel is slow. His head is down, his body language unmistakable. This was supposed to be his year to break through, to lead his team out of mediocrity and into the playoffs. His chance to have his name spoken alongside the Celtics' Rajon Rondo, the Thunder's Russell Westbrook, the Clippers' Chris Paul.
John Wall is in familiar territory. Drafted by Washington with the No. 1 overall pick in 2010, Wall was introduced to the Wizards' fan base with an almost savior-like fanfare. Wall was the anti-Gilbert Arenas — a 20-year-old fresh new face of the franchise tasked with changing the image and the culture of a losing organization.
Awvee Storey is a familiar presence on the Verizon Center practice court. Years ago, he was guarding his NBA teammates Gilbert Arenas and Caron Butler. Today, he's running drills with Mystics guards Jasmine Thomas and Shannon Bobbitt.