- House Democrats trying to force unemployment insurance vote
- Sen. Claire McCaskill to tackle sex assault at college next
- Judge’s order preserves NSA surveillance records
- Refurbished Pollock masterpiece goes on display
- Iditarod becomes mad dash for Nome
- ‘Burger King baby’ now seeks birth mom on Facebook
- Study: 2 percent of Americans have new hips, knees
- Friend: Pistorius shot gun out car without warning
- States wrestle with developing, restricting drones
- Japan marks 3rd anniversary of tsunami disasters
Latest Gilead Sciences Items
An innovative hepatitis C drug that was only recently hailed as a breakthrough treatment is facing skepticism from some health care experts, as they consider whether it is worth the $1,000-a-pill price set by manufacturer Gilead Sciences.
Antonin Holy, a renowned Czech scientist whose research significantly contributed to the development of antiviral drugs, has died, his long-time research institute said Tuesday.
The Food and Drug Administration on Monday approved the first drug shown to reduce the risk of HIV infection before engaging in sex or other risky conduct, the latest milestone in the 30-year battle against the virus that causes AIDS.