- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
Topic - Gilles Jacob
RAZING THE CANNES FESTIVAL "BUNKER"?
Pierre Lescure has been named president of the Cannes Film Festival, succeeding Gilles Jacob.
Berenice Bejo, co-star of the hit French silent movie "The Artist," is to host the Cannes Film Festival's opening and closing ceremonies next month, the event's chairman told Agence France-Presse on Wednesday.
Danish filmmaker Lars von Trier was booted out of the Cannes Film Festival on Thursday for saying that he sympathizes with Adolf Hitler.
Danish filmmaker Lars von Trier was booted out of the Cannes Film Festival on Thursday for a bizarre, rambling news conference in which he said he sympathizes with Adolf Hitler.
The Cannes Film Festival paid tribute Tuesday to actor Jean-Paul Belmondo, icon of the French New Wave and one of the country's most famous stars.
Cannes Film Festival general delegate Thierry Fremaux, right, addresses reporters, as Festival President Gilles Jacob, left, looks on, during a press conference to announce this years line up in Paris, Thursday April 17, 204.
In his memoir "Citizen Cannes," Cannes president Gilles Jacob wrote of Russian masterpieces like Andrei Tarkovsky's "Andre Rublev": "The authorities never wanted to give them to us."