- Strong quake hits Japan, triggering tsunami
- Sniper heaven: Pentagon’s self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- Violent gang taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- Medicaid enrollment continues to soar under Obamacare, administration says
- Michelle Obama to Latinos: ‘We cannot afford to wait on Congress’ for immigration
- White House urges GOP to act ‘urgently’ on $3.7 billion request for illegal immigrants
- Politicians, criminals using ‘right-to-be-forgotten’ law EU courts forced upon Google
- Combat fatigue: elite special forces troops are ‘fraying,’ Gen. Joseph Votel warns
- German foreign minister to meet Kerry to discuss spying claims
- Florida police spokesman tells citizens: ‘Get yourself some firearms’
By Robert N. Tracci
Congress must use its appropriations power to secure the border
Topic - Gillett Evernham Motorsports
Richard Petty Motorsports (RPM), formerly Gillett Evernham Motorsports, is a NASCAR race team owned by current Liverpool F.C. co-owner George Gillett, seven-time NASCAR Sprint Cup Series champion Richard Petty and a private-equity firm Boston Ventures. The team currently fields the #9 Budweiser Ford Fusion for Kasey Kahne, the #19 Stanley Tools/Hunt Brothers Pizza Ford for Elliott Sadler, the #43 Best Buy Ford for A.J. Allmendinger, and the #98 Menards Ford for Paul Menard, in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series. - Source: Wikipedia
The Coke Zero 400 was originally scheduled to go off Saturday night, but steady rain forced it to be postponed a day. When it did finally get started Sunday, it was interrupted several more times.
Richard Petty is scheduled to return to the race track this weekend for the first time since the March 25 death of his wife, Lynda.
Richard Petty, still mourning the death of his wife, skipped the short trip to Martinsville Speedway to watch his team compete.
In 75 races as teammates, Aric Almirola and Marcos Ambrose had never before run in the top five together. They finally broke through at Bristol Motor Speedway, where Richard Petty Motorsports scored its best overall day as an organization in years.
The King was holding court, trying to explain why the words of a driver who has been retired since 1992 carry as much weight today as they did back in the day when Winston was the name of the Cup game.
The 43 drivers competing in the 2014 Daytona 500, in order of starting position:
Smithfield Foods is expanding its two-year-old marketing partnership with Richard Petty Motorsports to attract NASCAR fans.
Richard Petty Motorsports on Wednesday announced a three-year contract extension with Smithfield Foods Inc. as primary sponsor for Aric Almirola for 29 races through the 2016 season.
NASCAR has ordered Richard Petty Motorsports development driver Corey LaJoie to undergo sensitivity training for an insensitive tweet.
Richard Petty Motorsports will honor Maurice "Chief" Petty this weekend by running a car featuring the likeness of the Hall of Fame inductee on the hood.