- Rich Peverley collapses on Dallas Stars bench; game postponed
- Al Sharpton, Trayvon Martin’s parents rally against Fla. ‘stand your ground’ law
- Hillary Clinton campaign got illicit funds from D.C. scandal figure
- Obama administration backs off plan to cut prescription-drug program
- Tickets linked to stolen passports purchased by Iranian middleman
- More than 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon
- Ottawa day care suspends 2-year-old for ‘outside’ cheese sandwich
- Liam Neeson tells NYC mayor to ‘man up’ in horse carriage fight
- Real-life Dr. Doolittle to reveal how to talk to animals
- Climate change could bring back smallpox, researchers say
Latest Giovanni Ribisi Items
A teddy bear who smokes pot, parties with hookers, beds pop stars and spews profanity in a New England accent as thick as chowdah?
The novel "The Rum Diary" was a bit of juvenilia written and shopped around unsuccessfully by Hunter S. Thompson before his career as a political journalist caught fire. Set around 1960, it tells the story of Paul Kemp (Johnny Depp), a booze-addled journalist who signs on at the San Juan Star, a last-chance saloon of a newspaper in Puerto Rico.