- Obama military downsizing leaves U.S. too weak to counter global threats, panel finds
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
Latest Glenn Mcconnell Items
Gov. Nikki Haley said Friday that South Carolina shouldn't be left without a lieutenant governor for five months as the current officeholder steps down to take over as a college president.
Lt. Gov. Glenn McConnell has finalized his contract to become president at the College of Charleston.
A bill to create a research university within the College of Charleston has advanced in the South Carolina Senate.
The faculty senate of the College of Charleston says it has no confidence in the board of trustee's hiring of Lt. Gov. Glenn McConnell as president.
Lt. Gov. Glenn McConnell said Thursday that when he is needed full-time at the College of Charleston, he'll leave his state office, ending speculation that he'd keep that job until voters replace him.
Lt. Gov. Glenn McConnell warned lawmakers Wednesday that a failure to prepare for South Carolina's oncoming "gray tsunami" will cause a budget crisis and human tragedies.
A state board has approved paying $188,000 toward the salary of the College of Charleston's incoming president, Lt. Gov. Glenn McConnell.
Sen. Tom Davis warned Tuesday that if legislators block his bill aimed at allowing retirees to legally play bridge, he'll sue to get South Carolina's centuries-old antigambling law thrown out altogether.
Senate President Pro Tem John Courson will not relinquish his Senate seat to temporarily become lieutenant governor, he told The Associated Press on Monday.