- PHILLIPS: The benefits of defying ‘common wisdom’
- Judge strikes down Arkansas abortion law — nation’s toughest — as unconstitutional
- Court: Tenn. must recognize 3 same-sex marriages
- Russia claims to have downed U.S. drone over Crimea region; Pentagon denies
- John Daly shoots 90 at PGA Tour event: ‘I’m falling apart’
- Police: Man arrested in West Virginia may be linked to Alexandria killings
- Smile: Equipping cops with body-mounted cameras gains steam in Calif., N.Y.
- Obama to sign bill cutting taxpayer money for party conventions
- Half of Americans worried about second Cold War: poll
- Kermit Gosnell clinic aide who heard aborted baby scream gets 5 to 10 years in prison
Latest Glenn Scarborough Items
Moran group sues Obama administration, Miller predicts passage of same-sex marriage bill, Northeast man beaten before murder, Fire house burglarized, McDonnell seeks K-12 and pension reform, Lanier is popular, Lanier is unpopular, Professor challenges same-sex dorms, McDonough to run for Congress
The night before a 61-year-old Northeast man was fatally beaten in his basement apartment, he was attacked and bound in a similar manner but did not report the incident to police, according to testimony in D.C. Superior Court on Thursday.
Three Virginia men were arrested Thursday and charged with first-degree murder in what court papers describe as a brutal killing of a D.C. man motivated by a belief that the victim raped the mother of one of the men accused of killing him.