- Congressman: McAuliffe victory means gun control a winning message
- Clinton aide admits soliciting disgraced D.C. fundraiser; says actions were legal
- Joel Osteen church victimized in $600K theft
- Obama goes shopping at Gap as minimum-wage thanks
- N.J. woman charged after client dies from black-market butt injections
- CIA chief Brennan ‘determined’ to speak out more this year
- Reset? What reset? U.S.-Russia ties at worst since Cold War
- 9/11 terror recruiter released in Syrian prisoner swap
- D.C. elections board gives green light to marijuana legalization initiative
- Elephants can tell difference between human languages: study
Latest Gm Items
Cal Murphy, a nine-time Grey Cup champion and member of the Canadian Football Hall of Fame, has died. He was 79.
General Motors Co. plans to freeze its U.S. pension plan for longtime white-collar workers and give all salaried employees annual bonuses but not pay raises in an effort to contain expenses, officials announced Wednesday.
"To get from the Dead Sea — below sea level — to going up Mount Everest, it's a long haul," Nationals principal owner Mark Lerner said of the team's farm system. "Doing it in just five years, patting ourselves on the back, it's pretty phenomenal."
Jim Caldwell endured everything thrown at him during his first two seasons as the Colts' coach -- replacing a friend, rebounding from losses and fighting through injuries.
Kentucky GM Gregory Kaidanov is perhaps better known today as a chess teacher than a competitor. But he gave his students an object lesson on the value of doing one's homework while winning the 39th annual Eastern Open, held last week at its traditional home at the Westin Washington hotel downtown.
The Chicago White Sox traded closer Sergio Santos to the Toronto Blue Jays on Tuesday, sending him back to the organization where he spent three seasons trying to make the majors as a shortstop.
Young Chinese GM Hou Yifan has held on to her women's world championship crown, decisively defeating Indian challenger Humpy Koneru by a 5 1/2-2 1/2 score in their scheduled 10-game match in Tirana, Albania.
Fifty years ago this fall, Bobby Fischer and the Soviets staged a stirring battle for supremacy in the small Yugoslav (now Slovenian) town of Bled.
Barnes & Noble Inc. on Monday unveiled its new $249 Nook Tablet, an e-book reader that includes more features of a full-blown tablet than its prior offerings as the tablet wars heat up ahead of the all-important holiday season.