- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
God In Christianity
Latest God In Christianity Items
One of the traits, the great Tocqueville writes, that makes the United States distinctive is that here religion and liberty are friends, not at enmity as in France. "Freedom sees religion as the companion of its struggles and triumphs, the cradle of its infancy, and the divine source of its rights."
A heckler apparently angry about President Obama's policy toward gays in the military called Mr. Obama "the Antichrist" at a fundraiser in Los Angeles on Monday night before security dragged the man out.