- Tickets linked to stolen passports purchased by Iranian middleman
- More than 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon
- Real-life Dr. Doolittle to reveal how to talk to animals
- Climate change could bring back smallpox, researchers say
- Shoe-bomb witness to speak from London at N.Y. trial
- New evidence could threaten Army sex assault case
- George Zimmerman signs autographs at Orlando gun show
- GOP lawmaker faces fire for NBA crime tweet
- Taliban vow to ‘use all force’ to disrupt Afghan elections
- Atheists sue to remove ‘Ground Zero Cross’ from 9/11 museum
Golf Writers Association Of America
Latest Golf Writers Association Of America Items
Padraig Harrington was at a loss when asked to describe the Phoenix Open's par-3 16th hole in one word.
HONOLULU (AP) — Woody Austin didn't make it to the PGA Tour until he was 30, and only then after a decade of playing mini-tours, working as a bank teller and even stocking shelves in a drug store. At least he gets to go out on his terms.
Amid the chatter of holidays and college football, Adam Scott already was hard at work on the far end of the range at Kapalua.
Masters champion Adam Scott narrowly beat out Tiger Woods as the male player of the year in voting by the Golf Writers Association of America.
David Duval spent his first full season of professional golf in the minor leagues, finishing No. 8 on what was then the Nike Tour money list to earn his PGA Tour card. Nearly 20 years later, after a career in which he has won a major, a PGA Tour money title and was No. 1 in the world, Duval is willing to go back.
Rory McIlroy is the near unanimous choice as the best male player by the Golf Writers Association of America.
Gary Woodland was irritated that he couldn't do better than a 70 on the North Course at Torrey Pines. It wasn't much better on the South Course, where a 72 allowed him to make the cut on the number, and a 74 in the third round wasn't enough for the 54-hole cut.
Luke Donald is the overwhelming choice as male player of the year by the Golf Writers Association of America.