- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Latest Gonzalo Fernández-Castaño Items
Steve Stricker usually doesn't show up at a tournament on Sunday. He made an exception for the Cadillac Championship, and it made perfect sense.
Webb Simpson committed to play the Phoenix Open on Friday, giving the tournament 21 of the top 50 players in the world ranking.
Augusta National added 14 players to the field for the Masters when the final world ranking of the year was published Monday.
Farmers Insurance stepped in at the last minute in 2010 when the PGA Tour event at Torrey Pines risked going without a sponsor.
Joost Luiten was first alternate at the British Open, and he wasn't very happy when Peter Hanson played only five holes before he withdrew with a bad back. Hanson knew he couldn't finish the tournament. He felt he had to tee off so it would count as a start toward the minimum 15 required to remain a PGA Tour member.
Gonzalo Fernandez-Castano grew up watching the famed "Spanish Armada" team of Seve Ballesteros and Jose Maria Olazabal, so the Ryder Cup means everything to him. He still recalls the encouragement from Olazabal a year ago.
Ryan Moore birdied the first hole of a playoff with Gary Woodland on Monday to win the CIMB Classic after an overnight wait caused by thunderstorms.
Luke Guthrie stumbled at the end of the third round Saturday and wound up tied for the lead with Rafa Cabrera-Bello in the BMW Masters.
Leader Miguel Angel Jimenez will tee off for the third round of the 2013 British Open at Muirfield at 10:20 a.m. ET Saturday, playing with Henrik Stenson. But the high-profile pair just ahead of them, Tiger Woods and Lee Westwood, should draw a large gallery.