- Elton John blasts Russia’s anti-gay laws during Moscow concert
- U.N.: Afghanistan slow to enforce law protecting women
- Heart cancels SeaWorld concert after ‘Blackfish’ documentary
- South Carolina sheriff refuses to lower American flag for Nelson Mandela
- South Africans hold day of prayer for Nelson Mandela
- Mandela not on life support in final hours, friend says
- Ukraine protesters topple, decapitate Lenin statue in Kiev
- Kim Jong-un’s uncle removed from North Korean state documentary
- Thailand crisis deepens as opposition quits Parliament
- Campbell Soup apologizes for SpaghettiOs’ Pearl Harbor tweet
Government Accountability Board
Latest Government Accountability Board Items
Recount results released Monday show Democrat John Lehman defeated incumbent Republican state Sen. Van Wanggaard in last month's recall races, moving Democrats closer to seizing control of the chamber.
The media will chronicle the drama, activists will crowd the streets — but Wisconsin's recall election Tuesday could backfire for those pining to wrest Gov. Scott Walker from his office.
Slightly more Wisconsin voters approve than disapprove of the job Republican Gov. Scott Walker is doing as he prepares for an expected recall election, according to a poll released Wednesday.
Wisconsin Democrats express growing confidence that they will produce enough signatures by Tuesday's deadline to force a recall vote on Republican Gov. Scott Walker, but Mr. Walker's fate — and the ultimate outcome of the state's bare-knuckled political brawl — remain very much in doubt.
Organizers of an effort to kick Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker out of office said Thursday that they have collected nearly enough signatures to force a recall election next year.
The Wisconsin elections board ruled Tuesday that three more Republican state senators will have to face recall elections in coming weeks.
Wisconsin state Sen. Randy Hopper goes to work every morning not knowing how long he will have his day job. And he's fine with that.
Wisconsin Supreme Court Justice David Prosser's victory over challenger JoAnne Kloppenburg has been certified by the state board that oversees elections