- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
Government Of The United Kingdom
Latest Government Of The United Kingdom Items
U.S. drugmaker Pfizer said Sunday that it has raised its offer for British rival AstraZeneca for a third time, hiking its stock-and-cash offer by 15 percent to $118.8 billion, or 70.73 billion pounds.
Last call will come early for England at the World Cup, according to a bleak assessment of the national team's chances from the British government.
Last call will come early for England at the World Cup.
U.K. Prime Minister David Cameron has criticized sex-selective abortion as "simply an appalling practice," and said the British government will work to counter the illegal practice.
At the height of Russia's hosting of the Winter Olympics, Britain's High Court on Tuesday gave a green light for a public investigation of Moscow's presumed role in the 2006 assassination of a former Russian spy in London.
The British government has cut funding for the country's Olympic basketball program ahead of the 2016 Games.
Ever since Alexander Litvinenko's death on Nov. 23, 2006, British authorities have wrestled with how to deal with the case without creating an international incident with the Kremlin.
"Almost Orwellian" — that's the description a federal judge gave earlier this week to the massive spying by the National Security Agency (NSA) on virtually all 380 million cellphones in the United States.
Since the essence of spying is stealing and keeping secrets, we should not be surprised when that essence is supported by deception and lying.