- Egypt rights center raided, 2 Mubaraks acquitted
- New Mexico Supreme Court rules same-sex marriage constitutional
- Blame Bush: 5 years later, that’s still the mantra, pollsters find
- Dutch prostitutes demand same retirement benefits as soccer stars
- John McCain to Harry Reid: I’ll ‘kick the crap’ out of you
- Dogs that talk: Researchers seek $10K for ‘No More Woof’ technology
- 1,000 firefighters called to battle stubborn Big Sur wildfire
- Black Friday brouhaha: Millions of Target shoppers hit by credit card theft
- Britain orders airplane to rescue citizens from violent South Sudan
- Mega Millions winner emerges as Georgia mom, in ‘disbelief’
Government Of The United Kingdom
Latest Government Of The United Kingdom Items
The British government cut the corporation tax to entice foreign investment as it acknowledged that economic growth will be slower than anticipated this year.
The British government on Tuesday proposed changes in the law of defamation in England and Wales to provide greater protection for speech and publication and to discourage foreign claimants from seeking an easier ride in English courts.
The British government announced Monday it has given protected status to a former workhouse thought to have inspired Charles Dickens' "Oliver Twist," a move that should save the building from demolition.
With British government budgets tight across the board, perhaps it's no surprise officials plan to utilize convicted offenders' free labor to help clean up London for the big day.
The cigarette packs piled into prominent displays behind store counters and supermarket checkouts in England can't be missed. The displays occupy prime retail real estate, helping to keep addicts hooked and quitters tempted.
Government supporters wielding knives and handguns attacked protesters in southern Yemen on Sunday, leaving one dead in the latest in weeks of demonstrations demanding the president step down.
Bringing home the bacon might not be such a great idea, according to stricter new dietary advice from the British government issued Friday.
Two ferries carrying 4,500 Chinese workers from strife-torn Libya arrived at the Mediterranean island of Crete on Thursday, despite rough seas that left hundreds of Americans stranded on a docked ferry in Tripoli.
Inserting state regulators into decisions about baby sitters is simply the manifestation of a doctrine that asserts that the state has a greater interest than parents in the welfare of its young citizens. That notion is not just insulting; it's nuts.