- ‘Gay Jeans’ that fade into rainbow-colored denim created
- Divided court strikes down big porn award
- Jimmy Carter: Don’t hurt Russian people with sanctions
- Oldest ex-MLB player dies in Cuba, 2 days shy of 103rd birthday
- ‘Top Gun’ for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy’s approval
- Bill Clinton to endorse Charlie Rangel for re-election
- Pfc. Bradley Manning is now Pfc. Chelsea Manning: Court says so
- Secret base U.S. special forces used to train Libyans now under terrorist control: report
- 9th suspect in N.C. kidnapping turns self in to FBI
- L.A. sheriff admits to testing flyover spy program without notifying residents
Governor'S Office Of Economic Development
Latest Governor'S Office Of Economic Development Items
U.S. Senate candidates talking about the idled Northern Beef Packers plant in northeast South Dakota have tossed out figures for taxpayer losses ranging from nothing to $80 million, but a breakdown from state agencies shows the actual number is closer to $4.3 million.
Allegations of misconduct in the state's economic development agency focus only on a former employee, the head of the agency told state lawmakers Friday.
South Dakota lawmakers on Monday ordered a legislative investigation of the state's economic development agency and its involvement in financing a failed beef packing plant.
The South Dakota House called for legislative hearings on Tuesday to investigate the state's economic development agency, including its involvement in issues related to the financing of a failed beef packing plant.
Reports released Thursday from two accounting firms found flaws in some procedures used by the state economic development agency but no misconduct beyond earlier reports that a former official had double-billed the state for travel and part of a grant had been improperly diverted.