- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Drug mix may have cured child born with HIV, doctors say
- De Blasio’s wife irks former mansion chef with ‘servant’ remark
- Russia’s neighbors shiver amid Putin’s Cold War moves in Ukraine
- New SAT: The essay portion is to become optional
- Military group can’t march to honor the fallen at Boston Marathon due to security changes
- Senate passes bills deleting ‘retarded’ from laws
- China announces biggest military hike in 3 years: We are not ‘boy scouts with spears’
Topic - Greater Washington Sports Alliance
The Greater Washington Sports Alliance (GWSA) is a non-profit organization, founded in 2003 under the Greater Washington Board of Trade. Currently, an independent entity, its board is headed by Chairman Fernando Murias, Managing Partner of PriceWaterhouseCoopers. It is the regional sports commission for the Greater Washington D.C. area and is a comprehensive resource for promoting sporting events, delivering sports information and developing regional collaboration. - Source: Wikipedia
From the glory to the guts, there's plenty to be sorted out as the Washington area takes another swing at landing its first Olympic Games. But the ball is now officially rolling.
The nation's capital is a natural magnet for political rallies and sporting events, such as the annual National Marathon and two huge rallies that will be held Aug. 28, the anniversary of the March on Washington.
Tiger Woods, who revolutionized golf when he came onto the scene more than a decade ago, is about to do the same to the area's sports scene.