- Kiev: Riot police deployed near protest sites
- Elton John blasts Russia’s anti-gay laws during Moscow concert
- U.N.: Afghanistan slow to enforce law protecting women
- Heart cancels SeaWorld concert after ‘Blackfish’ documentary
- South Carolina sheriff refuses to lower American flag for Nelson Mandela
- South Africans hold day of prayer for Nelson Mandela
- Mandela not on life support in final hours, friend says
- Ukraine protesters topple, decapitate Lenin statue in Kiev
- Kim Jong-un’s uncle removed from North Korean state documentary
- Thailand crisis deepens as opposition quits Parliament
By Brahma Chellaney
Beijing's creeping aggression signals a challenge to U.S. presence in the Asian Pacific
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Greater Washington Sports Alliance
The Greater Washington Sports Alliance (GWSA) is a non-profit organization, founded in 2003 under the Greater Washington Board of Trade. Currently, an independent entity, its board is headed by Chairman Fernando Murias, Managing Partner of PriceWaterhouseCoopers. It is the regional sports commission for the Greater Washington D.C. area and is a comprehensive resource for promoting sporting events, delivering sports information and developing regional collaboration. - Source: Wikipedia
From the glory to the guts, there's plenty to be sorted out as the Washington area takes another swing at landing its first Olympic Games. But the ball is now officially rolling.
The nation's capital is a natural magnet for political rallies and sporting events, such as the annual National Marathon and two huge rallies that will be held Aug. 28, the anniversary of the March on Washington.
Tiger Woods, who revolutionized golf when he came onto the scene more than a decade ago, is about to do the same to the area's sports scene.