- George Zimmerman will not be charged in domestic dispute
- Russian officials press bilateral U.S. trade deal
- Selfies at Funerals blog creator retires after Obama flub: ‘Our work here is done’
- New Obama adviser Podesta is against Keystone but will steer clear of pipeline deliberations
- 40 Australian adults, children found in ‘one of the worst accounts of incest ever made public’
- Venezuela’s Maduro calls on student ‘price vigilantes’ to hit the streets, report businesses
- Atheists smug as Hindus join Satanists to demand display at Oklahoma Statehouse
- Bow before Valkyrie, NASA’s ‘superhero robot’ entry in DARPA challenge
- 10-year-old Pennsylvania boy suspended for pretend bow-and-arrow shooting
- Budget deal exposes GOP divisions; conservatives slam tax hikes, vague cuts
By Matt Kibbe
The short-term deal will assure long-term overspending
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Green Party
A Green party or ecologist party is a formally organized political party based on the principles of Green politics, which is founded in many countries. These principles include social justice, reliance on grassroots democracy, nonviolence, and an emphasis on environmentalism. "Greens" believe that the exercise of these principles leads to world health. - Source: Wikipedia
In an entertainment market where Mother Jones subscribers flocked to ultra-violent action movies, “Elysium” would be a surefire hit. But here on planet Earth, Neill Blomkamp’s sci-fi film — a transparently lefty and unashamedly bloody morality tale starring Matt Damon — is shaping up as an expensive, unmarketable misfire.
A group of German politicians is pushing for workplace cafeterias to institute an unpopular vegetarian day once a week where employees cannot eat popular Bavarian meats, such as schnitzel and wursts.
Senior European officials expressed concern Sunday at reports that U.S. intelligence agents had bugged European Union offices on both sides of the Atlantic, with some leftist lawmakers calling for concrete sanctions against Washington.
Is history repeating itself?
Barack Obama was in Berlin this week, and he was a different Barack Obama than the one who visited the German capital as a candidate in 2008. He was in a different Berlin, too.
One of the contenders seeking a citywide seat on the D.C. Council in the upcoming election has found the city's liberal echo chamber to be a not-so-friendly environment.
Comedian Stephen Colbert plans to harness his star power to help raise money for his sister's congressional campaign in South Carolina.
D.C. Council candidate Patrick Mara on Tuesday called on Mayor Vincent C. Gray to replace the city's fire chief, saying Kenneth Ellerbe is "not the best person for the job."
Actress, comedian and outspoken liberal Roseanne Barr has made some surprising revelations in the past few weeks.
Former Green Party presidential candidate and outspoken feminist Roseanne Barr took to Twitter Tuesday expressing her views on arming women. "Arm the women of the world-send guns and ammo everywhere-train them to make clean headshots. #howtopreventrape," the actress tweeted.