- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
By Michael Widlanski
Leveling the battlefield to aid terrorists enables evil to fight on
Topic - Greg Marra
They loom over him, brandishing their weapons, their gaze steady. The sculptor can feel the presence of the heroes he honors in clay and bronze, U.S. Navy SEALs all. And all of them gone.
"Though I definitely lean right, I try to keep politics from overwhelming these works. Again, my focus is on American excellence," Mr. Marra said. "I discover I need to build a certain statue, so I build it and I raise the money — which can come from the left, from the right. Doesn't matter. What is important is the cause, and that is to honor our military."
He is determined to tell the stories of fallen American warriors.