- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
By Tammy Bruce
Topic - Greg Owen
This might be the best way for Peyton Manning to get over the Super Bowl - a week at Pebble Beach.
England's Greg Owen shot a 6-under 66 on Friday to take the second-round lead in the Chiquita Classic, the second tournament in the four event Web.com Tour Finals series.
Hunter Mahan gave up the lead in the Canadian Open when his wife went into labor, and Brandt Snedeker grabbed the top spot a few hours later Saturday.
Greg Owen of England played bogey-free in ideal conditions Thursday for a 6-under 64 and the early lead in the first round of the McGladrey Classic at Sea Island.
"I played that pitch to let it run out, and it just went nowhere," Owen said. "That finish was a little disappointing, but all in all, I got a couple of nice bounces today, so I'm pretty happy."