- Elton John blasts Russia’s anti-gay laws during Moscow concert
- U.N.: Afghanistan slow to enforce law protecting women
- Heart cancels SeaWorld concert after ‘Blackfish’ documentary
- South Carolina sheriff refuses to lower American flag for Nelson Mandela
- South Africans hold day of prayer for Nelson Mandela
- Mandela not on life support in final hours, friend says
- Ukraine protesters topple, decapitate Lenin statue in Kiev
- Kim Jong-un’s uncle removed from North Korean state documentary
- Thailand crisis deepens as opposition quits Parliament
- Campbell Soup apologizes for SpaghettiOs’ Pearl Harbor tweet
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Greg Owen
England's Greg Owen shot a 6-under 66 on Friday to take the second-round lead in the Chiquita Classic, the second tournament in the four event Web.com Tour Finals series.
Hunter Mahan gave up the lead in the Canadian Open when his wife went into labor, and Brandt Snedeker grabbed the top spot a few hours later Saturday.
Greg Owen of England played bogey-free in ideal conditions Thursday for a 6-under 64 and the early lead in the first round of the McGladrey Classic at Sea Island.
"I played that pitch to let it run out, and it just went nowhere," Owen said. "That finish was a little disappointing, but all in all, I got a couple of nice bounces today, so I'm pretty happy."