- Air Force cadets ‘revolt’ after officials remove biblical verse from whiteboard
- Rep. Lee: Paul Ryan out of touch with urban Americans
- House votes down resolution to force Issa to apologize
- Kremlin blocks opposition websites; Kasparov fears Putin plans ‘something drastic’
- Saving trees? EPA wastes $1.5 million storing unneeded pamphlets in warehouse
- Scott Brown Senate bid in New Hampshire may launch soon
- Jeffrey Corzine, son of ex-N.J. governor, dead at 31
- Australian surfing magazine sorry for calling indigenous surfer ‘apeish’
- Records: Man in Fla. theater shooting also was texting
- The Putin problem: U.S. needs Russian rockets for spy satellites
Latest Gregg Williams Items
The revelations were shocking and appalling to those outside the NFL: A team paid bounties to knock opponents out of the game, including some of football's biggest stars.
Gregg Williams apologized Friday for his role in a bounty program that rewarded players for injuring opponents while he was with the New Orleans Saints.
Encouraging defensive players to be aggressive, hit hard and not back down is standard procedure in pro football. Paying them to injure the opposition is not.
New Orleans Saints players and at least one assistant coach maintained a bounty pool of up to $50,000 the last three seasons to reward game-ending injuries inflicted on opposing players, including Brett Favre and Kurt Warner, the NFL said Friday. "Knockouts" were worth $1,500 and "cart-offs" $1,000, with payments doubled or tripled for the playoffs.
Jeff Fisher isn't wasting any time putting his staff together in St. Louis.
Former St. Louis Rams coach Steve Spagnuolo has agreed to take over as defensive coordinator for with the Saints.
The Tennessee Titans have hired Mike Munchak as the franchise's 16th head coach, deciding to promote from within to replace Jeff Fisher.
Midway through the season, Atlantic Coast Conference coaches are being forced to rethink decisions about whether to use true freshmen or redshirt them.
The competition for New Orleans' third running back spot could get more intense in the next few days.