- Argentina beats Dutch in shootout to reach World Cup final
- Tanard Jackson suspended indefinitely by NFL — again
- FAA investigating fireworks drone flights
- Pentagon: We’ll give Obama a drone strike with al-Baghdadi’s name on it
- Marine in Mexican custody to get day in court after 101 days
- Senate OKs San Antonio mayor as housing secretary
- NFL star likely fooled by Marine impostor who accepted first-class plane ticket
- Sen. Ted Cruz tweets Obama directions from fundraisers to border towns
- Israel hits key Hamas targets in Gaza offensive
- Ten-year sentence for New Orleans’ Nagin on graft charges
Latest Gregor Blanco Items
Michael Morse rewarded his manager for giving him a rare day off.
Allen Craig is regaining his form at the plate.
Julio Teheran has pitched well most of the season - just not against the San Francisco Giants.
Yusmeiro Petit struck out seven in four impressive innings, sending the San Francisco Giants to a 3-0 victory over the Oakland Athletics on Friday night.
The Giants have agreed to one-year deals with three of their five players in salary arbitration: outfielder Gregor Blanco, right-hander Yusmeiro Petit and infielder Tony Abreu.
Bailey became the third Reds pitcher with more than one no-hitter, joining Jim Maloney and Johnny Vander Meer — still the only big leaguer to toss two in a row. Bailey beat the Pirates 1-0 in Pittsburgh last Sept. 28 and got another 17 starts later.
Nothing is stopping them — not even the Triple Crown winner at the plate with the bases loaded. Armed and accelerating, the San Francisco Giants became the first team to throw consecutive World Series shutouts in nearly a half-century, blanking Miguel Cabrera and the Detroit Tigers 2-0 on a chilly Saturday night for a commanding 3-0 lead.
That's it. The final score is Giants 2, Tigers 0 for the second consecutive game in this World Series.
The bunt just wouldn't go foul, despite the best efforts of the Detroit players who gathered around it and tried to will it across the chalk down the third base line. It couldn't go foul, because that might have ruined the whole aura the San Francisco Giants spent two games creating on their way toward taking command of this World Series.