- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
By David Keene
Allowing states to innovate could reduce dependency on bureaucracy
Topic - Gregory Dean Whalen
Dusting off his hands after carrying one of the racks away from the Lincoln Memorial, Gregory Dean Whalen said he traveled from Las Vegas to the District to demand more help for veterans.
"There can be a rally for illegal immigrants, but the government can't take care of veterans," said Mr. Whalen, who served in the Navy. "There should have been a lot more people here."