- House overwhelmingly approves $16 billion cash infusion for VA overhaul
- Obama admin to blame for HealthCare.gov woes, $840M cost: GAO
- Al Gore’s climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Army’s 3-D printed bombs will create ‘a whole new universe’ of deadly capabilities
- Hamas calls on Hezbollah to join in fight against Israel
- Senators to FIFA, others: Don’t reward Putin with the World Cup in 2018
- U.S. condemns shelling of U.N. school in Gaza
- Obamacare shoots premiums up by 88 percent in California
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’
By Ted Cruz
Israel saves its enemies; Hamas endangers its friends
Topic - Gregory Meeks
Rep. Gregory Meeks, New York Democrat, said Friday that European nations should place sanctions on Russia if it's found to be responsible for the Malaysian Airlines plan shot down earlier this week.
Rep. Gregory Meeks, New York Democrat, said Monday he's giving the administration the benefit of the doubt on the transfer of five former Guantanamo Bay detainees for the freedom of Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl, saying President Obama's past performance on terrorism indicates he's not about to put Americans in harm's way.
Rep. Gregory Meeks, New York Democrat, lashed out at former Vice President Dick Cheney, who said Sunday on CBS's "Face the Nation" that Russian President Vladimir Putin sees President Obama as weak.
Rep. Gregory Meeks, New York Democrat, said Saturday that some Republicans who voted against the Superstorm Sandy relief funds are "mean-spirited."
The House Ethics Committee dismissed cases against Democratic Reps. Tim Ryan of Ohio and Gregory Meeks of New York without any disciplinary action.
Mr. Meeks added that there are, at times, "extraordinary circumstances" under the rules requiring 30 days of notice for such transfers from Guantanamo Bay, such as the fact that Sgt. Bergdahl's life appeared to be in imminent danger.
"This president has not been a soft president," he said.