- Beretta leaves Maryland over gun laws, heads for Tennessee
- Neal Boortz defends Hillary Clinton for representing child rapist
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
- Top federal judge uses pizza to explain complex Obamacare situation
- Obama, Biden overhaul job training programs
- Drought-plagued Californians turn to paint to keep lawns green
- ISIL now forcing Iraqi shopkeepers to veil mannequins in Mosul
- 11 parents of Nigeria’s abducted girls die
- Genetic mapping triggers new hope on schizophrenia
- Turkish P.M. Erdogan won’t speak to Obama, but he’ll take calls from Biden
Topic - Gregory Porter
Dianne Reeves, "Beautiful Life" (Concord)
Gregory Porter's music doesn't fit neatly into any one category, but that hasn't stopped the soul-jazz singer from picking up Grammy nominations for his first three albums.
Three American college students detained for several harrowing days in Egypt before obtaining their release as deadly protests swept Cairo have flown home to freedom, one describing an ordeal so terrifying he wasn't sure he would survive it.
Three American students arrested during a protest in Cairo caught flights out of Egypt early Saturday, according to an airport official and an attorney for one of the trio.
Three American students arrested during a protest in Cairo and ordered released by an Egyptian court are in the midst of being processed by authorities there, a U.S. Embassy spokeswoman said Friday.
A court in Egypt has ordered the release of three U.S. students arrested during a protest in Cairo, a lawyer confirmed Thursday.
Three young Americans held in Egypt since Sunday, including 19-year-old Georgetown University student Derrik Sweeney, are set to be released, and family and friends hope they're back in the U.S. within days.
"My mother was constantly fighting for us to stand up straight in a room where the ceiling was constantly coming down on us," Porter said. "I'm trying to sing something that's elevating ... and hopefully the people listening will be moved in a similar way."
And his new album "Liquid Spirit" has garnered nominations for both jazz vocal album and traditional R&B performance for the soulful ballad, "Hey Laura," about a man Porter says "really hasn't quite figured out that the relationship is over."