- Elton John blasts Russia’s anti-gay laws during Moscow concert
- U.N.: Afghanistan slow to enforce law protecting women
- Heart cancels SeaWorld concert after ‘Blackfish’ documentary
- South Carolina sheriff refuses to lower American flag for Nelson Mandela
- South Africans hold day of prayer for Nelson Mandela
- Mandela not on life support in final hours, friend says
- Ukraine protesters topple, decapitate Lenin statue in Kiev
- Kim Jong-un’s uncle removed from North Korean state documentary
- Thailand crisis deepens as opposition quits Parliament
- Campbell Soup apologizes for SpaghettiOs’ Pearl Harbor tweet
By Brahma Chellaney
Beijing's creeping aggression signals a challenge to U.S. presence in the Asian Pacific
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Grey Cup
) is both the name of the championship of the Canadian Football League (CFL) and the name of the trophy awarded to the victorious team. It is Canada's largest annual sports and television event, regularly drawing a Canadian viewing audience of about 3 to 4 million individuals. In 2009 the 97th Grey Cup competition between the Saskatchewan Roughriders and the Montreal Allouettes drew the largest TV audience in Grey Cup history with 6.4 million viewers. The 98th Grey Cup, played November 29th, 2010, is second in Grey Cup history with 6.25 million viewers. - Source: Wikipedia
Canadian Thanksgiving is celebrated the second Monday of October, but that won't stop many of the Capitals from enjoying two American traditions -- turkey and football – Thursday.
Cal Murphy, a nine-time Grey Cup champion and member of the Canadian Football Hall of Fame, has died. He was 79.
Royal Copeland, a star halfback who played on four Grey Cup title teams with the Toronto Argonauts, has died. He was 86.
Running back Ahman Green says he has agreed to play in the CFL next season for the defending Grey Cup champion Montreal Alouettes.
Ricky Bell, an NFL defensive back who went on to play in the CFL and won a Grey Cup with Calgary in 2001, has died. He was 36.