- ISIL creates all-female brigade to terrorize women into following Sharia law
- ISTOOK: Obama wants to be impeached
- Obama to Latin leaders: Help with border
- Military bans troops from Baptist church event honoring ‘God’s Rescue Squad’
- ‘Pocket drones’: U.S. Army developing tiny surveillance tools for the next big war
- Belgian cafe posts sign: Dogs allowed, but Jews stay out
- Gen. Dempsey: Pentagon studying Russian readiness plans not viewed ‘for 20 years’
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is ‘torture’
- House GOP ready to move border bill
- Bomb squad called after live WWII artillery washes on Cape Cod beach
By Drew Johnson
Inept government shouldn't be entrusted with the power to kill its citizens
Topic - Guy Bailey
Texas' new university on the border formally has a president.
The University of Texas System Board of Regents on Monday selected a former president of the University of Alabama and Texas Tech University as its finalist to lead the newly created University of Texas Rio Grande Valley on Monday.
Four finalists have been named in the University of Memphis' search for a new president.
Pat Knight is telling The Associated Press he's glad his firing from Texas Tech was handled professionally, unlike what happened when his famous father was ousted at Indiana in 2000.
Pat Knight sat in the Texas Tech locker room and lauded his bosses for the way they let him go after three disappointing seasons.
In a statement released Monday by the university system, Bailey said, "I view this role as the single most exciting educational opportunity in America today."
Mr. Bailey announced Wednesday he was resigning after less than two months in the job, citing his wife's health.