- ISIL creates all-female brigade to terrorize women into following Sharia law
- ISTOOK: Obama wants to be impeached
- Obama to Latin leaders: Help with border
- Military bans troops from Baptist church event honoring ‘God’s Rescue Squad’
- ‘Pocket drones’: U.S. Army developing tiny surveillance tools for the next big war
- Belgian cafe posts sign: Dogs allowed, but Jews stay out
- Gen. Dempsey: Pentagon studying Russian readiness plans not viewed ‘for 20 years’
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is ‘torture’
- House GOP ready to move border bill
- Bomb squad called after live WWII artillery washes on Cape Cod beach
President wants everyone but himself to pay more
Topic - Guy Gugliotta
Congress will cover the Capitol's dome in scaffolding in November as part of a two-year restoration to fix more than 1,000 cracks that have developed over the decades, the building's administrators said Tuesday.
Most visitors to Washington take the Capitol dome for granted. It is a graceful structure, with a statue on top that - because of its elevation - defies close examination. All in all, the Capitol seems less interesting than the White House.
"It is possible there might be several dozen coats of lead-based paint on the dome. They'll have to clear that off," Mr. Gugliotta said.
"You're not allowed to make any mistakes because it's the Capitol dome. You have to be sure of what you're doing before you start," he said.