- Half of Americans worried about second Cold War: poll
- Kermit Gosnell clinic aide who heard aborted baby scream gets 5 to 10 years in prison
- Iraq mulls law to let men marry 8-year-old girls
- Russia sends bombers on 24-hour Arctic patrol
- Sam Adams beer brewer nixes St. Patrick’s parade that won’t allow gays
- Houston dad kills boy, 17, in daughter’s room in mistaken ID tragedy
- Rep. David Jolly ready to work with Democrats on compromise
- Joe Biden: I can’t be president — my golf would suffer
- German authorities grab suspected hardline Islamist
- Rare lesbian HIV transmission case turns up in Texas
By Bob Dole
The industrious island has proved itself worthy of U.S. inclusion
Topic - H. Bruce Franklin
The battle between the fishing industry and conservationists over the depletion of marine life is nothing new, but historian H. Bruce Franklin says things are different this time.
At one time, Mr. Franklin said, 100 companies were engaged in the reduction industry but most have "fished themselves into extinction."