- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend’s shopping jumps to his death
- Ukraine leader to talk with protesters; Washington urges caution
- Pope Francis: A nun saved my life
- Israeli P.M. Netanyahu backs out of Mandela funeral
- Elian Gonzalez makes first trip outside Cuba since custody battle
- U.S., British intelligence agents enter online sci-fi world to spy on gamers
- Sarah Palin to host the outdoors show ‘Amazing America’
- CIA admits $3 billion intelligence operation was a flop
- ‘127 Hours’ author Aron Lee Ralston, who amputated arm in canyon, arrested in Denver
- Men posing as cops break into home of former deputy
H. Holder Jr.
Latest H. Holder Jr. Items
Attorney General Eric H. Holder Jr. says he has averted daily furloughs of 3,570 federal prison staffers around the country, moving $150 million from other Justice Department accounts to stave off a serious threat to the lives and safety of correctional staff, inmates and the public.
The Justice Department's Office of Inspector General on Wednesday blamed the failure of Operation Fast and Furious on a series of "misguided strategies," but found no evidence that Attorney General Eric. H. Holder Jr. knew of the misguided gunrunning investigation before its public unraveling in January 2011.
In a letter written at the request of a federal appellate judge, Attorney General Eric H. Holder Jr. on Thursday offered assurances that the Obama administration respects the decisions that courts make.
The U.S. Commission on Civil Rights wants Attorney General H. Holder Jr., to allow Justice Department employees to testify in its investigation of "deep-seated and shockingly common attitudes favoring racially-selective enforcement of the law" within the department's Civil Rights Division.