- Donald Rumsfeld has ‘no idea’ if he paid taxes correctly
- Bradley Manning named honorary grand marshal of San Francisco Pride parade
- Look out PayPal: Facebook working toward mobile payments system
- U.S. rebukes Iran’s U.N. envoy pick over 1979 embassy attack
- Stoned mom avoids jail after driving 12 miles with baby on roof
- More than 100 ‘inappropriate’ encounters between NYC school staffers, students since 2009: report
- Joe Biden to Boston bombing survivors: ‘America will never, ever stand down’
- FBI failed to throughly vet Boston bombing suspect after Russian lead, report finds
- Atlanta Braves flooded with Hank Aaron hate mail: He’s a ‘scumbag’
- University: Help, our campus is too white
Latest Haiti Items
An effort by Washington to build housing for Haitians in the aftermath of the 2010 earthquake has fallen short and exceeded costs, a U.S. government report said Tuesday.
For three years, Lindsay and Hadley Hentschel's kids saw their parents-to-be only a few times a year. At an orphanage in Haiti, Mykerson and Leander pored over photos of their adoptive family and the Hentschels' Carbondale home, while pictures of the pair were shown around back in Colorado.
The Haitian government will soon have a new representative in Miami.
The annual mission trip is a big deal for the youth at Pendleton's First Assembly of God. The destination remains a mystery until the unveiling, which their leader does with flair during a youth group meeting. By the end of his verbal intro, the name of the country is projected onto a screen.
Haiti's prime minister used Twitter on Wednesday to announce he was replacing about half of the 22-member Cabinet, marking the third major government shake-up in less than two years.
A bipartisan delegation of South Florida's congressional representatives is visiting Haiti.
Haiti's cholera outbreak is still the worst in the world, the top U.N. envoy there said Monday.
Nearly 1,500 Haitians filed a lawsuit Tuesday seeking compensation from the United Nations for victims of a cholera outbreak that health officials say has killed more than 8,000 people and sickened over 600,000 in the impoverished Caribbean nation.
Haiti's new Roman Catholic cardinal celebrated his first Mass on Sunday, telling an audience of several thousand people there is a need to show compassion for others.