- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Latest Haley Barbour Items
Though he has faced some criticism on such matters, Mississippi Gov. Haley Barbour said he carries no political baggage because of his positions on racial issues.
Mississippi Gov. Haley Barbour is accusing President Barack Obama of paying lip service to job creation.
The Senate Judiciary Committee on Thursday opened its work in the new Congress with a scheduling glitch that delayed a slew of judicial nominations and the formal introduction of a bill to overhaul the nation's patent system.
Among dozens of political reactions to President Obama's State of the Union address comes one from Herman Cain, a Georgia businessman turned talk radio host, a 2012 Republican presidential hopeful and the preferred candidate of Ann Coulter.
For many Republican National Committee members and GOP activists, the real headline after Friday's defeat of RNC Chairman Michael S. Steele was "Mississippi Gov. Haley Barbour defeats House Speaker John A. Boehner."
Wisconsin GOP Chairman Reince Priebus has been elected the new chairman of the Republican National Committee, offering a fresh face and the promise of a new management style for the party as it gears up for the 2012 presidential election cycle.
South Carolina must cut taxes and trim the size of government to turn around its lagging economy, Gov. Nikki Haley said Wednesday in an inaugural address given moments after the 38-year-old Republican made history by becoming the state's 90th chief executive.
Two sisters whose life sentences were suspended on the condition that one donate a kidney to the other were released from a Mississippi prison on Friday after serving 16 years for an armed robbery.
Social and economic conservatives have worked together under the mantle of the Republican Party since Ronald Reagan made them the core of his 1980 coalition, but the alliance now may be fraying.