- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Latest Half Dome Items
Park rangers say hikers can now apply for permits to ascend the summit of Yosemite National Park's iconic Half Dome.
Yosemite National Park will cap visitors at current levels in its most popular areas, but it will add campsites and maintain bike and raft rentals under a plan announced Friday to protect the river that runs through its heart.
Gov. Jerry Brown's announcement that California is in the midst of an epic drought comes as no surprise to skiers, fishermen and gardeners. With a sparse snowpack and piddling amounts of rain, the signs are everywhere. A few examples:
Serving as a White House political tool has stained the outdoors agency
The hike up the granite monolith Half Dome in Yosemite National Park is one of the most iconic in the nationwide system, but officials have announced approval of a plan that permanently limits how many can do it.
Imagine being the only driver on a two-lane asphalt highway as the stark desolation of Death Valley National park passes on each side and the crystal blue sky stretches up from the horizon.