- Last laugh: Marine vet fires off jokes from the grave with own obituary
- Deportations come mostly from border, DHS chief says
- NATO sends surveillance planes to watch Ukraine
- Climate change not a top concern of Americans, poll shows
- GM faces federal investigation for slow recall that led to 13 deaths
- Iran president reaches out to Oman on friendship tour
- FAA’s pre-Malaysia flight warning: 777s have cracking, corrosion issues
- Facebook HQ locked down; employees searched as police field threat
- Glenn Ford free, after serving 30 years for murder he didn’t commit
- Congressman: McAuliffe victory means gun control a winning message
Latest Harold Schaitberger Items
The AFL-CIO needs to stick with representing workers and stop trying to taken on social causes for the far left, said the union head for the International Association of Fire Fighters.
The International Association of Firefighters union said Monday it would resume making federal campaign contributions after seeing lawmakers commit new resources to public safety and speak out more forcefully against anti-union measures in Ohio, Wisconsin and other states.
Labor unions are celebrating one of their biggest victories in decades after turning back an Ohio law that curbed collective bargaining rights for the state's public workers. The vote showed that unions are still a potent political force that can't be ignored.
The nation's largest firefighters union - one of the most reliable sources of campaign money for Democrats - announced Tuesday that it would quit donating to federal candidates this year because members of Congress aren't sufficiently backing them in their fight against anti-union measures across the country.
The political arm of a powerful national firefighters union is jumping back into the presidential campaign by paying for one outspoken former firefighter to protest at former New York Mayor Rudolph W. Giuliani's campaign events in Florida.