- Strong quake hits Japan, triggering tsunami
- Sniper heaven: Pentagon’s self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- Violent gang taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- Medicaid enrollment continues to soar under Obamacare, administration says
- Michelle Obama to Latinos: ‘We cannot afford to wait on Congress’ for immigration
- White House urges GOP to act ‘urgently’ on $3.7 billion request for illegal immigrants
- Politicians, criminals using ‘right-to-be-forgotten’ law EU courts forced upon Google
- Combat fatigue: elite special forces troops are ‘fraying,’ Gen. Joseph Votel warns
- German foreign minister to meet Kerry to discuss spying claims
- Florida police spokesman tells citizens: ‘Get yourself some firearms’
By Robert N. Tracci
Congress must use its appropriations power to secure the border
Topic - Harry Harris
The threats to peace and order on the global seas are growing.
The commander of the U.S. Pacific Fleet said Monday China's first-time participation in the world's largest maritime exercises in Hawaii will help Beijing and other nations work together in a crisis.
"This is not about China and the United States. This is about 22 nations that are trying to work together for multilateral operability and transparency," Harris said.
He said "increasing risks" in the region are capable of disrupting stability and affecting "our collective prosperity."