- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Latest Harry Thomas Items
T-Mobile USA, the only "Big 4" phone company that doesn't sell the iPhone, now wants to snag used ones from AT&T.
Citing his "substantial assistance" to their ongoing investigation, federal prosecutors on Monday said they are not seeking prison time for an aide to Mayor Vincent C. Gray's 2010 campaign who admitted he paid a minor mayoral candidate with the hope he would stay in the race and bash incumbent Mayor Adrian M. Fenty.
The mission of the D.C. Children & Youth Investment Trust Corp., the nonprofit group at the center of former D.C. Council member Harry Thomas' theft scandal, is to expand and improve services for local children, especially when they are out of school.
A former advisory neighborhood commissioner accused in June by the District of Columbia auditor of stealing $30,000 in taxpayer money is being charged with a felony, court documents filed Wednesday show.
D.C. Council Chairman Kwame R. Brown on Monday pledged to revisit open-ended laws that govern how city legislators can spend money from constituent service accounts as part of a sweeping ethics reform bill that he says is decades overdue and intended to diffuse mounting distrust of city government.
China is warning the United States to stay out of its dispute with five other nations over territorial rights in the South China Sea, an energy-rich region and major shipping route in Southeast Asia.
The U.S. ambassador to the Philippines appeared to side with Manila on Tuesday in its tense dispute with China over islands both nations claim in the South China Sea, where Beijing also is asserting its power over waters that serve as key global shipping lanes and hold significant energy reserves.
Next year, Comcast's franchise agreement to provide cable television services across Washington expires, so the cable giant has a keen interest in keeping D.C. lawmakers happy.
A D.C. Council subcommittee on Thursday approved a draft plan that redistricts the city's eight wards and notably shifts part of the Capitol Hill neighborhood into Ward 7.