- U.S. Navy to start giving gay couples marriage benefits in Japan
- Sen. Harry Reid goes to hospital as a precaution
- Fla.’s Trey Radel exits rehab, ‘excited’ to resume congressional role
- U.S. nuclear general boozed it up, chased ‘hot women’ in Russia: report
- 45 Calif. students at one school test positive for tuberculosis exposure
- Rob Ford on women: Give them cash ‘and they are happy’
- Ku Klux Klan group holds recruitment meeting in Maryland
- Airport assassination: Mayor, 3 others killed at Manila airport
- Tea party-type lawmakers take mysterious, off-books trip to Mideast
- North Korea warns South: We’ll attack ‘without warning’
By Michael P. Orsi
Edward Snowden should declare his patriotism in court
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Hatem Ben Arfa
It's Spain versus France for a place in the European Championship semifinals on Saturday _ the most anticipated match of the tournament so far. Here you'll find the best of Saturday's action and pre-match buildup. All times are Polish.
Alain Boghossian, an assistant coach for France, insists the matter has been dealt with and his team's full attention is on beating Spain in the European Championship quarterfinals.
France draws 1-1 with England in a match between the two heavyweights of Group D at the European Championship. Sweden plays co-host Ukraine next.
"He hurt his knee and will be out for the season." The throwaway words often used in soccer to describe players with serious injuries are woefully inadequate in helping us, the fans and laymen, understand just how tough, lonely and dispiriting the road back can be.
Newcastle United's trip to the United States could hardly be considered a vacation, but the English Premier League soccer team may need one to recover from it.
Newcastle United is dealing with injuries, visa problems and heat during its stay in the United States.
Liverpool fans protested the club's American owners and their slumping team as the 18-time champions' terrible start reached a new low with an embarrassing 2-1 defeat to Blackpool on Sunday.