- ISIL creates all-female brigade to terrorize women into following Sharia law
- ISTOOK: Obama wants to be impeached
- Obama to Latin leaders: Help with border
- Military bans troops from Baptist church event honoring ‘God’s Rescue Squad’
- ‘Pocket drones’: U.S. Army developing tiny surveillance tools for the next big war
- Belgian cafe posts sign: Dogs allowed, but Jews stay out
- Gen. Dempsey: Pentagon studying Russian readiness plans not viewed ‘for 20 years’
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is ‘torture’
- House GOP ready to move border bill
- Bomb squad called after live WWII artillery washes on Cape Cod beach
By Mark Davis
The nation founders, the Lone Star State thrives
Topic - Haven
Throughout Johnson County, single mothers are raising their children without a home to call their own.
Jessica Alba has another new baby. She's launched an e-commerce company at Honest.com (named after her 3-year-old daughter Honor) to sell eco-friendly and toxic-free baby products and household items for a monthly subscription.
Rep. Toni Walker, D-New Haven, co-chairman of the legislature's budget-writing committee, said the plan "speaks to the priorities that we all embrace dearly."
"I came up with the idea. I had to pitch it to my partners and they came on board and together we created the company from scratch," she said. "From the packaging to the bottles to the product that's inside, the way that the interfacing is with the website, all of that is really from me ... it's taken three years to get here."