- Elton John blasts Russia’s anti-gay laws during Moscow concert
- U.N.: Afghanistan slow to enforce law protecting women
- Heart cancels SeaWorld concert after ‘Blackfish’ documentary
- South Carolina sheriff refuses to lower American flag for Nelson Mandela
- South Africans hold day of prayer for Nelson Mandela
- Mandela not on life support in final hours, friend says
- Ukraine protesters topple, decapitate Lenin statue in Kiev
- Kim Jong-un’s uncle removed from North Korean state documentary
- Thailand crisis deepens as opposition quits Parliament
- Campbell Soup apologizes for SpaghettiOs’ Pearl Harbor tweet
By Brahma Chellaney
Beijing's creeping aggression signals a challenge to U.S. presence in the Asian Pacific
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Hay–Adams Hotel
Israel may be surrounded by hostile nations that want to destroy it, but its ambassador in Washington still holds out hope for the future.
The Chevy Chase neighborhood in the District offers easy access to two of the city's most beloved amenities: Politics & Prose bookstore and the Avalon movie theater.
Venezuela assigned its top investigators to search for Washington Nationals catcher Wilson Ramos, who was kidnapped Wednesday from his parents' home in the South American nation, the Venezuelan Embassy in Washington said Thursday.
While some Washingtonians know Woodley Park mostly as the location of the National Zoo, this neighborhood, centered on Connecticut Avenue Northwest and bordered by the Dupont Circle, Cleveland Park, Kalorama and Adams Morgan neighborhoods, is among the most sought-after in the city.
He has been called a "modern-day Nostradamus" for his novels, which seem to be ripped from the headlines -- next year's headlines.