- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
Latest Health_Medical_Pharma Items
Republican lawmakers say the costs of implementing President Obama's health care law represent a ripe target for money-saving cuts, as Congress fights over the best way to avert an automatic and indiscriminate budget ax set to come down Friday.
Two Massachusetts lawmakers are fighting to reverse a 2009 legislative mandate ordering public schools to perform body mass index screenings and sending "fat letters" to parents of overweight children.
The virtues of nuts, fish and olive oil now are more clear than ever thanks to an exhaustive, high-profile study of the "Mediterranean Diet."
New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie has decided to extend Medicaid coverage to more low-income New Jersey adults in a decision to implement a major slice of President Obama's health insurance overhaul, a state lawmaker said Tuesday.
Advanced breast cancer has increased slightly among young women, a 34-year analysis suggests. The disease is still uncommon among women younger than 40, and the small change has experts scratching their heads about possible reasons.
Dr. C. Everett Koop has long been regarded as the nation's doctor_ even though it has been nearly a quarter-century since he was surgeon general.
The Swiss Red Cross is slashing its supply of donor blood to Greece because the financially stricken country has failed to pay its bills on time, the head of the group's transfusion service said Tuesday.
Members of Congress are exploring how to give Pentagon chiefs flexibility in implementing massive budget cuts that are scheduled to begin Friday.