- Libyan prime minister ousted by parliament
- Men’s Wearhouse to buy Jos A Bank for $1.8B
- Boston bomb squad destroys unattended pressure cooker: report
- Colorado rakes in $2 million from January’s marijuana sales
- House Democrats trying to force unemployment insurance vote
- Sen. Claire McCaskill to tackle sex assault at college next
- Judge’s order preserves NSA surveillance records
- Refurbished Pollock masterpiece goes on display
- Mad dash for Nome: Dallas Seavey wins his second Iditarod dog race
- ‘Burger King baby’ now seeks birth mom on Facebook
Latest Health_Medical_Pharma Items
The government on Tuesday unexpectedly rejected what appeared to be the most promising candidate among a class of new diet drugs, wiping out hopes for a new medication to fight obesity anytime soon.
Finnish researchers have found an increased risk of narcolepsy among 4 to 19-year-olds who were given swine flu shots, a government health agency said Tuesday.
Scientists have identified five new genes linked to Parkinson's disease in a large genetic analysis of the illness, according to a new study. After reviewing nearly 8 million possible genetic mutations, researchers pinpointed five genes connected to Parkinson's disease. Previously, six other genes were identified, and experts say there is now increasing proof the degenerative disease is sparked by peoples' genes.
For the first time, the Agriculture and Health and Human Services departments, which issue dietary guidelines every five years, are telling people who are 51 and older, all African-Americans and anyone suffering from hypertension, diabetes or chronic kidney disease to reduce daily sodium intake to little more than half a teaspoon.
An anti-abortion group called on federal prosecutors in Delaware on Monday to investigate a women's clinic operation tied to a Pennsylvania doctor who is charged with several counts of murder.
The government is telling half of the U.S. population to drastically cut their daily salt intake.
A section of the brain involved in memory grew in size in older people who regularly took brisk walks for a year, researchers reported Monday.
The Obama administration is advising half of the U.S. population to drastically cut daily salt intake.
Nashville forward Jordin Tootoo has been cleared to return to practice with the Predators by the NHL and the NHL Players' Association.