- Congress sends sweeping defense bill to Obama
- Multiple injuries as balcony collapses at London’s Apollo theatre during performance
- Egypt rights center raided, 2 Mubaraks acquitted
- New Mexico Supreme Court rules same-sex marriage constitutional
- Blame Bush: 5 years later, that’s still the mantra, pollsters find
- Dutch prostitutes demand same retirement benefits as soccer stars
- John McCain to Harry Reid: I’ll ‘kick the crap’ out of you
- Dogs that talk: Researchers seek $10K for ‘No More Woof’ technology
- 1,000 firefighters called to battle stubborn Big Sur wildfire
- Black Friday brouhaha: Millions of Target shoppers hit by credit card theft
Latest Hearst Co. Items
An Ohio newspaper reports that Americans are virtually powerless to correct damaging mistakes in their credit reports owing to a failure of federal law to regulate credit-reporting agencies.
NBCUniversal is planning to sell part of its 15.8-percent ownership in A&E Television Networks to the other partners in the joint venture, Walt Disney Co. and Hearst Co. The deal could be worth about $2 billion.