- Jeffrey Corzine, son of ex-N.J. governor, dead at 31
- Australian surfing magazine sorry for calling indigenous surfer ‘apeish’
- Records: Man in Fla. theater shooting also was texting
- The Putin problem: U.S. needs Russian rockets for spy satellites
- Florida cops ticket toddler in toy convertible: report
- Kerry warns of ‘very serious’ response to Crimea-Russia alliance
- Fla. Rep. Alan Grayson’s wife drops restraining order against him
- McDonald’s lawsuits filed over wages ‘stolen’ like Hamburglar steals Big Macs
- HUMPHRIES: Fight like a Democrat – An open letter to Sen. Mitch McConnell
- Florida board member shocks with ‘Heil Hitler’ salute at town meeting
By Emily Miller
Obama is losing the debate on gun ownership, concealed-carry permits
Topic - Heart Of America Group
To say America has been experiencing a less-than-titillating economic recovery since 2008 is trite. Unless you are Rip Van Winkle, you know that nominal unemployment of more than 8 percent persists with real unemployment in the midteens.
Michael Whalen is president, CEO and founder of Heart of America Group. Starting with one restaurant in 1978, his company has grown to 27 hotels and restaurants in 10 metropolitan areas.
Over my nearly 35-year career leading Heart of America Group and with Job Creators Alliance (JCA), I've had the good fortune of working with many entrepreneurs and small-business owners.