- PHILLIPS: The benefits of defying ‘common wisdom’
- Judge strikes down Arkansas abortion law — nation’s toughest — as unconstitutional
- Court: Tenn. must recognize 3 same-sex marriages
- Russia claims to have downed U.S. drone over Crimea region; Pentagon denies
- John Daly shoots 90 at PGA Tour event: ‘I’m falling apart’
- Police: Man arrested in West Virginia may be linked to Alexandria killings
- Smile: Equipping cops with body-mounted cameras gains steam in Calif., N.Y.
- Obama to sign bill cutting taxpayer money for party conventions
- Half of Americans worried about second Cold War: poll
- Kermit Gosnell clinic aide who heard aborted baby scream gets 5 to 10 years in prison
Latest Heath Slocum Items
Ben Crane was lucky to get into the FedEx Cup playoffs as the No. 125 seed. He missed the cut last week at the Wyndham Championship, and this was the first year that no one moved into the top 125 in the final event before the playoffs.
Jordan Spieth used words like "incredible" and "amazing" to describe Liberty National Golf Club.
Before he sets out to try to keep his PGA Tour card, Erik Compton received an award Wednesday that was just as meaningful.
A common phrase this year — "Tiger's back" — took on a new meaning Friday at The Barclays.
The FedEx Cup was all about the $10 million bonus when it began in 2007 because there was nothing left to decide.
Heath Slocum has reason to be wary of media on the golf course unless it is for a trophy presentation.
His dad was hoping for a baseball player. The baby boy who popped out was football-sized instead, so chubby and pink that Gerry Watson needed all of 10 seconds to nickname his newborn son "Bubba." Instead of crashing into running backs, he grew up to overpower one of the most iconic golf courses in the game.
The first year of the Tour Championship at East Lake offered great promise for dramatic theater on the par-3 18th. Hal Sutton saved par from a deep bunker to get into a playoff, then hit a 4-wood to 6 feet for a birdie to beat Vijay Singh.
Ernie Els sure didn't look to be down in the dumps for someone who has tumbled so far in the FedEx Cup.