- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
By David Keene
Allowing states to innovate could reduce dependency on bureaucracy
Topic - Heather Butler
Tennessee Martin guard Heather Butler has been voted the Ohio Valley Conference's female athlete of the year for 2013-14.
Xylina McDaniel had a perfectly good explanation for a taking a shot while seated on the floor under the basket.
UT Martin coach Kevin McMillan gambled - and nearly won.
The UT Martin Skyhawks danced a little bit at mid-court enjoying their Ohio Valley Conference tournament title in a bit of a muted celebration.
Heather Butler of UT Martin has been voted the Ohio Valley Conference player of the year with her teammate Jasmine Newsome repeating as the league's defensive player of the year.
List of the All Ohio Valley Conference team released Tuesday by the league as voted on by coaches and sports information directors:
"We fought, we fought, and it's just really hard to lose that ball game when I know we deserved it, you know," Butler said. "We deserved it. We fought so hard and just had it in our hands and there it went. It hurts and it's going to hurt probably for the rest of my life but you know that's the way it goes sometimes."
"It's an amazing feeling," UT Martin senior Heather Butler said. "We are truly blessed and fortunate to have a team each year to be able to win OVC championship. It's just a little bit different this year now because we're still hungry and we're not satisfied and we want to get to the NCAA tournament but win a game and continue to prove ourselves to everybody."