- Obama downplays IRS scandal, blames Obamacare rollout on ‘outdated’ agencies
- Pregnancies decline overall, up among older women
- Pentagon plans to destroy Syrian chemical arms on ship at sea
- Paris Metro issues ‘politeness manual’ to improve passengers’ behavior
- Justin Bieber, crew detained at Australian airport in drug search
- Lee Rigby trial: Muslim who machete-hacked soldier calls it ‘humane’ kill
- GM ending Chevy sales in Europe to focus on Opel and Vauxhall
- Putin’s diplomats to U.S. busted for living high life off $1.5M bilked from Medicaid
- Happy Meal: Couple goes to McDonald’s, leaves with bag packed with cash
- Boehner: It took me 3 to 4 hours to sign up for Obamacare
Latest Helen Reddy Items
Tim Burton remembers critics back in the day finding his take on Batman rather gloomy.
Helen Reddy failed to take her own advice for the last few years _ she did not "Keep on Singing," to quote the title of her 1974 hit.
I am woman, hear me whine. With apologies to Helen Reddy, whose "roar" was heard 'round the world from the top of the Billboard Hot 100 in 1972.
At the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) these days, the little ladies are to be seen and barely heard. As if "Mad Men" were a documentary rather than a televised slice of 1960s life, a major medical decision looms and the women it affects most directly will be given only a superficial moment to share their substantive views. What do a bunch of gals have to tell the federal government, anyway?
So it's Valentine's Day _ time to celebrate your wonderful relationship. Unless, of course, it isn't so wonderful right now, or it doesn't even exist. Wouldn't it be better, women out there, to celebrate a love that's so much less complicated: the teen idol crush?