- Air Force cadets ‘revolt’ after officials remove biblical verse from whiteboard
- Rep. Lee: Paul Ryan out of touch with urban Americans
- House votes down resolution to force Issa to apologize
- Kremlin blocks opposition websites; Kasparov fears Putin plans ‘something drastic’
- Saving trees? EPA wastes $1.5 million storing unneeded pamphlets in warehouse
- Scott Brown Senate bid in New Hampshire may launch soon
- Jeffrey Corzine, son of ex-N.J. governor, dead at 31
- Australian surfing magazine sorry for calling indigenous surfer ‘apeish’
- Records: Man in Fla. theater shooting also was texting
- The Putin problem: U.S. needs Russian rockets for spy satellites
By Bob Dole
The industrious island has proved itself worthy of U.S. inclusion
Topic - Henry Dent
A D.C. firefighter has been arrested for allegedly filling a fake prescription at a pharmacy in Maryland while wearing his uniform.
A battalion fire chief who found a firefighter not guilty on charges related to the discovery of beer in a U Street Northwest fire station was transferred in what he says is retaliation for going against the wishes of the D.C. fire chief.
He also ruled that when Lt. Dent was notified by another firefighter that there was still beer in the station refrigerator, he told the firefighter to get rid of it but did not have enough time to check to ensure the order was followed through before Chief Ellerbe arrived.
After Capt. Sterne's demotion, Lt. Dent said he was concerned that Chief Sloan would be pressured to find him guilty.