- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
Topic - Herald-Tribune
An ex-jailer is headed to prison for his role in the beating and cover-up of a former inmate at the DeSoto County Jail.
A Former DeSoto County inmate has filed a $3.5 million federal lawsuit against his former jailers, alleging his civil rights were violated by a series of beatings he endured while in their custody last year.
Authorities say a 17-year-old committed five armed robberies in less than five hours.
A southwest Florida couple says a "harmless" ghost is included in the sale of their historic home.
The husband of former Florida Secretary of State Katherine Harris committed suicide Tuesday morning at the couple's Sarasota home.