- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
By Michael Widlanski
Leveling the battlefield to aid terrorists enables evil to fight on
Topic - Herbert Allison
The former Treasury Department official who oversaw a review of the Obama administration's energy loan program on Tuesday defended the decision not to review bankrupt Solyndra LLC as part of his audit.
However, he also said Energy officials could cut off funding under loans if a company isn't meeting specific contractual milestones.
Mr. Allison said a compensation review program within the Energy Department is something "that might be considered" in light of public consternation about the executive compensation.