- U.N.: Afghanistan slow to enforce law protecting women
- Heart cancels SeaWorld concert after ‘Blackfish’ documentary
- South Carolina sheriff refuses to lower American flag for Nelson Mandela
- South Africans hold day of prayer for Nelson Mandela
- Mandela not on life support in final hours, friend says
- Ukraine protesters topple, decapitate Lenin statue in Kiev
- Kim Jong-un’s uncle removed from North Korean state documentary
- Thailand crisis deepens as opposition quits Parliament
- Campbell Soup apologizes for SpaghettiOs’ Pearl Harbor tweet
- Former Reagan aide James Baker: President regretted apartheid veto
Latest High School Items
Anacostia Senior High School caught fire Friday morning and a firefighter battling the blaze was injured when he fell through the roof of the school, D.C. fire officials said.
Prized quarterback recruit Gunner Kiel is joining Notre Dame.
Psychologists who treat sexual offenders and abuse victims look at the accusations made against Jerry Sandusky and see an all-too-typical behavior pattern.
VCU's 18-day run to the Final Four opened a paradox in Shaka Smart's life, changing everything and nothing at all.
Five-year-olds dance hip-hop to the alphabet. Third-graders learn math by twisting into geometric shapes, fifth-graders by calculating calories. And everyone goes to the gym _ every day.
Three months after a devastating on-field collision between University of Georgia outfielders Zach Cone and Johnathan Taylor left Taylor partially paralyzed, the two were side by side again on Saturday as draft picks of the Texas Rangers.
Two people close to Georgetown's Hollis Thompson expect the sophomore will return to school after declaring for the NBA draft last week.
Joe Ragland's layup with 2.6 seconds left in overtime lifted Wichita State to a 79-76 victory over Virginia Tech in the second round of the NIT on Sunday.
Brian Kelly's plan to build a defense that will help Notre Dame become a national contender again was reflected in his first full recruiting class.