- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
Topic - Hildegard Heyer
Twenty-plus years after President Ronald Reagan ordered Soviet leader Mikhail Gorbachev to "tear down this wall," the final remnants are going to be torn down — to make room to build luxury apartments.
"I'm outraged by the decision to tear down this monument," said Hildegard Heyer, a Berliner who joined the protest, USA Today reports. "The East Side Gallery belongs to the history of Berlin and everyone."